Break bulk cargo – What does it mean?
• Break bulk cargo is a term that covers a great variety of goods that must be loaded individually, and not in intermodal containers nor in bulk as with oil or grain.
• Break bulk cargo is transported in bags, boxes, crates, drums, or barrels.
What is a shipping line?
• A shipping line is a business that operates ships. For example, shipping lines, shipping agencies, ship brokers and owners,
Heavy lifting – What does it mean?
• The transportation, handling and installation of heavy items which are indivisible, and of weights generally accepted to be in the range of 1 ton to over 1000 tons.
Project logistics service providers – What does it mean?
• Forwarding companies that transport extra wide, heavy or tall items. These can by any sort of items from gas pipelines to factories that are being relocated.
Freight forwarders – What does it mean?
• Logistic companies that forward rather general freight e.g. boxes, furniture, containers, anything (except for project cargo)
Ports and terminals – What does it mean?
• A terminal is the gate of a port (sometimes not part of the port body but an external company)
Specialized trucking companies – What does it mean?
• Companies that provide trucking services that are specialized in hauling extra heavy, wide and oversized cargo
Specialized lifting companies – What does it mean?
• Service providers that use cranes, these are companies that use cranes etc. but not necessarily manufacture cranes etc.
Specialized equipment manufacturers – What does it mean?
• Companies that manufacture any equipment used by specialized trucking or lifting companies